WPA?! WTF is that? See our list of common Acronyms used in wireless networking.
All of iStumbler's major functionality is implemented in separate modules. Each plugin has it's own main view, preferences view for configuring the plugin and an inspector panel to show detail on a selected item.
- Wi-Fi plugin displays signal strength and debugging information for visible AirPort networks.
- Bluetooth plugin displays information for bluetooth devices in use on the system.
- Bonjour plugin allows you to browse Bonjour services and hosts on your local network.
- Location plugin provides location information to the Wi-Fi plugin and provides access to maps and location based services on the web.
Some things you don't need every day are tucked away in preferences, including app- wide user interface settings, and the Log and License preferences.
- Application Preferences for User Interface
- Log Preferences tracks events in iStumbler and can optionally write a log to disk for later review.
- License Prefrences tracks events in iStumbler and can optionally write a log to disk for later review.