GPS Plugin Release 2
- add back-down and try-reconnect code with exponential timer to deal with sleep/wake issues
- auto-detect serial devices
- auto-detect NMEA sentences on serial devices and start processing them
iStumbler Release 91
- AirPort Plugin toolbar & menu items for join, leave, create etc
- iStumbler plugin installer options sheet
- Log plugin view, file and speech writers to enhance logging
- save radio notes to a file for persistent storage
iStumbler Release 95
- iStumbler plugin info view
- Fully Replace AirPort status menu.
- MenuItem for each network w/ signal strength
- Implement joining of WEP networks
- integrate MacPad support
- auto select a network location when specific networks appear
- Add OpenTalk services/mDNS monitor/browser
Map Plugin Release 1
- create map URL for current GPS location and fetch tiles
- cache tiles we've fetched already
- Geo-tiff support
iStumbler Release 100
- Fix all known bugs.
iStumbler Release 200
- glass up all the toolbar buttons, try to find uses for them
- Alert pop-ups for exceptions "this window will self-destruct in 10 seconds"
- pop-ups are panels and stick together, can be dismissed all at once
- make pop-ups library embed in other programs
- add pulsing, fading scan indicator instead of spinner
- add time-slider to info panel encounter view, update it's number of marks depending on then number of views into the content there are, it's a continuous control. it's the number of seconds between the first and last encounters divided by the width of the encounter view
- Multiple Radio Time line View of nodes
- editable info strings, scroll it scroll left-to-right.
- exchange XML nodes & encounters between local peers
- Add sniffer scanning /pc card support
- support for packet & header sniffing & viewing
- Spectral Density and Noise View
- RSRadio log query interface & editor
- open multiple logs at a time
- proxy icons in lists, drag and drop operations for nodes
- cooperative site-survey & mapping
A note about version numbers. Since this is an open source project, and all distribution is done over the network there's no need for a traditional software 'release' and the version numbering systems that come with it.
iStumbler versions are given sequentially starting with release 82 which was immediately preceded by 0.81b. Some releases will have more changes than bug fixes, some will have more bug fixes than changes but our goal is to provide a stable and useful release every time.